Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Baby's Crib

 A few months ago I decided to build a crib. Somebody actually told me,"there can't be any screws sticking into there, so the baby doesn't get poked..." like had I not been told that I would have built an infant bed of nails.
 I tried to go as traditional with the look as possible. It is oak, pine, birch and poplar. All screws and nails are hidden. I based the size on the size of mattress available.
 Here is a photo half way through the build with Ivy Rose laying in it to show the scale.
In the baby's room with the door on. I think she likes it.
The last step will be the linseed oil, and soon I hope. All in all, I am pretty proud of this piece of furniture. I have never designed anything like this before and feel like it turned out pretty decent. I hope it stays in the family and after my daughter grows up, she uses it for her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment